Chayo celebrates Mexican Independence Day with a special menu Friday, Sept. 12 – Tuesday, Sept. 16.
Executive Chef Ernesto Zendejas has crafted an authentic menu of Mexican specialties, available exclusively for the holiday. Authentic dishes include:
• Mexican creamed corn served with pinots, $8
• Cochinita pivil tamales served with an ancho chile sauce, $16
• The mole sampler: mini short ribs with mole negro, duck carnitas with pasilla mole and chicken breast with red mole, $28
• The chile en nogada entrée stuffed with marinated pulled pork, $22
• Buñuelo, a fried dough ball served with mango ice cream, $8
To accompany the authentic and history-filled Mexican cuisine, guests can choose from a selection of 50 tequilas from the bar or a signature cocktail including the Puncho Villa made with Tanteo jalapeño tequila, fresh lime juice, fresh watermelon and cucumber mint; or the Chayo Paloma made with Don Julio Silver tequila, San Pellegrino Pompelo and fresh grapefruit. With enough liquid courage, revelers may take a spin on the restaurant's feisty mechanical bull, Chayo.