We play an important role in the communities where we are privileged to operate. Embracing the responsibilities that come with that role, and fulfilling the unique opportunities we have to effect positive change, is more than what we do. It is who we are.
We know that our business success is inseparable from the success of our efforts to strengthen the economic, social and cultural fabric of our hometowns and cities. So we invest in the well being of our communities. In doing so, we simultaneously invest in the well being of our 70,000 employees, their families and their futures.
I am proud to be part of a company that gives back to our employees and our communities. It feels amazing to be able to assist fellow Latinos on making their 'American Dream' to become U.S. citizens a reality. It is important for Caesars Entertainment to set the philanthropic standard in our community.
Germann Brizuela, Employee and Labor Relations Advisor,
Las Vegas Region
During 2011, HERO volunteers contributed 126,000 voluntary hours to their communities and the environment through individual and HERO-sponsored events.
Employee Community Engagement
Community engagement events in 2011 included:
- Organizing Relay For Life fundraisers for the American Cancer Society, and running hundreds of miles in those races to raise $156,000.
- Supporting nonprofit groups that help our eligible employees and local residents through the process of becoming naturalized U.S. citizens. And, through our Dollars for Doers program, working on behalf of local causes and organizations about which our employees feel passionate.
As active community members, the local insights provided by our HERO volunteers help us ensure that our work reflects the diversity of our individual resorts, our employees and the communities we serve.
Combined Caesars giving to nonprofit community and environmental groups from all sources during 2011 averaged $1.45 million* a week.
Caesars also shares its financial success with communities through the corporation and Caesars Foundation. We make investments, for example, in education, and in the well being of seniors, to help them maintain health and independence. That may mean a hot meal delivered to the front door. Or it may mean fulfilling the dream of an 81-year-old fan to see Aretha perform in concert.
We will continue to invest in the communities where we live and work. It's in our Code of Commitment, and it's in our blood.
Selected HERO Volunteer Partners and Philanthropic Beneficiaries
- American Cancer Society
- Alliance for Climate Education
- American Red Cross
- Audubon Nature Institute of New Orleans
- Clean the World
- Clinton Global Initiative
- Meals on Wheels Association of America
- National Park Trust
- The Nature Conservancy in Nevada
- Opportunity Village
- Rebuilding Together
- Teach For America
- The Public Education Foundation's Teacher EXCHANGE™ (Clark County, Nevada)
- Second Wind Dreams
*Includes mandated and discretionary giving from resorts, the corporation and Caesars Foundation