Commitment to Environmental Stewardship
Environmental sustainability at Caesars Entertainment integrates strategic direction with the grass roots energy, innovation and passion of our 70,000 employees.
We focus on our most important impacts and greatest opportunities: energy and climate change, fresh water, and waste. We believe our business success is inseparable from our initiatives to use fewer resources and generate less waste.
This holds true for our operations behind the scenes and "front of the house" with guests. It also holds true for our employees, who are eligible for small grants to reduce energy use (and utility costs) at home.
In 2011 we announced a broad set of quantitative two-to-five-year sustainability goals. These include targets for carbon emissions reduction, energy conservation, renewable energy, alternative fuels, water consumption, waste diversion/recycling, LEED building standards and supply chain.
We've come a long way, and learned a great deal. We have a long way to go. We invite you to follow our progress, and to share your point of view as we move forward. We welcome your comments at: email@example.com
Selected Caesars Entertainment Environmental Stakeholders
Caesars Entertainment works with multiple environmental organizations and government agencies in developing and implementing its CodeGreen strategy. Company executives play an active participatory and leadership role in a number of these organizations (roles in italics).
- Carbon Disclosure Project
- Clean the World
- Conservation International
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Climate Leaders, WasteWise
- Global Sustainability Tourism Council (board member)
- Green Chips (trustee and non-trustee officer)
- National Park Trust (Leadership Council)
- Nevada Conservation League
- The Nature Conservancy in Nevada
- Sustainable Brands (advisory board)
- Water Conservation Coalition (member executive board)