Opened in March 1998. Designed by 2 time US open Champion Hale Irwin, the gently rolling par 72 course recalls the feel of legendary Scottish links. Over half of the holes border water and more than 80 bunkers crop up when least expected. Each hole is themed with different flowers, shrubs and other plantings. The course sparkles with three lakes, one full mile long bordering several holes. Landscaped paths wind through the course and over scenic wooden and ledge rock bridges. With its eclectic mix of idyllic surroundings and dramatic challenges, Cottonwoods provides the quintessential setting for the serious player as well as the novice
- Greens: Champion Bermuda
- Tees and rough: Bermuda.
- Fairways: Meyer Zoysia.
Over half of the holes border on water
- Holes 11,16 and 17 border on a main resort lake
- Holes 2, 7 and 8 border the course's intereior lake
- The 5th hole borders the resort's northern lake
Two Signature Holes
- Par 3 16th has an island green
- Par 5 13th is 600 yards
- Full-service clubhouse with men and ladies locker facilities
- Practice facilitity consists of driving range and practice greens
- Full-service Clubhouse Restaurant and bar