Interim Casino Windsor:
- Opened: May 17, 1994
- Amenities: 3 Floors of gaming, 80 table games, thousands of slot machines, gift shop, restaurant
- The former Windsor Art Gallery was transformed into the interim casino in a record seven months! New staircases, finance areas, chandeliers and fixtures were installed.
- The building was once a three-storey ale storage plant built in 1928 to age and store brands like “Black Pirate Ale” and “British Ale”.
- Between the spring of 1993 and the opening in 1994, 1,631 individuals were hired. In 1995 another 1,391 joined the team.
With record attendance, a second facility, the Northern Belle, was added to handle visitor overflow. The riverboat casino was docked at the foot of Ouellette and Riverside Drive.
The Northern Belle:
- Opened: December 12, 1995
- Theme: Mardi Gras
- Capacity: 1,500 guests
- Amenities: 40 table games, 828 slots, small food court
- The Northern Belle was stationary however required a full marine crew of 12 with a Captain, first mate, chief engineer and deckhands who had to be on board 24-7 on 12 hour shifts
Permanent Casino Windsor:
- Opened: July 29, 1998
• 100,000 sq. ft. of on two floors of non-stop gaming
• 21 floors, 389 room Forum Hotel Tower
• Five dining areas – Atrium Food Court, Riverside Grille, Garden Buffet, Terrace Café, Mosaics
• Entertainment – Showtime Lounge, Melodies Video Poker Bar
• Atrium Giftshop
• The expansive Atrium Water Feature included a 60 foot waterfall, meandering brooks and tropical theme with 20 ft. tall palm and olive trees.
• The first legal roll of craps dice in Canada was played at Casino Windsor. Craps was not part of the Casino Windsor’s gaming offerings until April 1999, when a 611-year old ban in Canada was lifted.
Expansion of Casino Windsor:
- May 12, 2005: OLG executives and Casino Windsor representatives broke ground on the expansion site which is now The Colosseum, Augustus Tower and Convention space.
- The Colosseum – 5,000 seat theatre.
- Augustus Hotel Tower – with an additional 369 rooms.
- The convention space – 100,000 square feet.
- Renovation of the then Atrium into the Cosmos Lounge.
- Motorcoach Lounge addition.
- Showtime Lounge was transformed into Legends Sports Bar, the first restaurant in the city to offer Game Picks
- December 15, 2006: it was announced that Casino Windsor would become Caesars Windsor when it opened the expansion in 2008.
- The permanent Casino Windsor was built on 5.5 hectares on what was mostly industrial and commercial land.
- It took four major concrete pours to form the foundation of the Augustus Hotel Tower, convention space and The Colosseum. It required a total of 1,500 truckloads in total carrying 8 meters of concrete each and 72 hours!