Caesars Windsor is Green Key certified! Environmental efforts earn recognitionBook A Room
Caesars Windsor’s year-round commitment to the environment has proudly earned the property “4 Green Keys”, one of the highest ratings given by the globally recognized Green Key Eco-Rating program.
Kevin Laforet, President and CEO of Caesars Windsor, said, “Green Key certification is a critical achievement for a property of our size and prominence in the city. This represents the importance we have placed on being responsible corporate citizens and assures our employees and guests that Caesars shares their environmental values.”
A 4-level rating means the 758-room hotel has shown national industry leadership and commitment to protecting the environment through wide-ranging policies and practices.
Highlights of the company’s environmental initiatives include:
- Housekeeping’s use of the chemical-free Lotus Pro cleaning system that sanitizes with the use of ozonated water. It has virtually eliminated the use of cleaning chemicals by 100% in the hotel.
- Participation in Clean the World soap recycling program has resulted in 3,337 lbs of waste and 797 lbs of plastic diverted from landfills. Close to 12,000 bars of soap were created to help increase hygiene and reduce illness in developing countries.
- Our Green Rewards program allows hotel guests to opt out of having their room serviced and earn food credit or Reward Credits. Since August 2012, close to 7,700 guests have participated. As a result, the program has helped save over 286,000 gallons of water, equivalent to 12 backyard swimming pools.
- Installation of low flow showerheads, faucets and toilets and hand blowers throughout the property.
- Readily available recycling stations for guests and employees have resulted in 7.3 tons of recyclable material and 9.5 tons of cardboard diverted from landfills in January 2013 alone.
- LED light replacements throughout property including the parking garage, the Colosseum and the colourful exterior hotel lighting. The savings equals over 4.6 million kWhrs/yr, equivalent to the power for 433 homes/yr.
- Annual employee participation in tree planting and clean-ups with Essex Region Conservation Authority. In June 2012, Caesars Windsor donated $25,000 to ERCA’s Trail On! Project. As a result ERCA awarded Caesars the Conservation Award for Outstanding Corporate Contribution.
- Participation in Caesars Entertainment’s CodeGreen commitment to environmental responsibility through employee driven programs implemented at each casino resort.
About Green Key Eco-Rating Program The Green Key Eco-Rating Program is the first of its kind to rank, certify and inspect hotels and resorts in North America based on their commitment to sustainable “green” operations. The program was originally developed for the Hotel Association of Canada by a leading environmental engineering firm. Designed specifically for hotel operations, the Green Key Eco-Rating Program is a comprehensive environmental self-assessment that will allow each participating property to benefit on several fronts – cost savings, increased bookings from environmentally conscious consumers and meeting planners and responsible corporate citizenry. Visit www.greenkeyglobal.com for more information.
Amongst Caesars Windsor hotel’s recent awards, it also received their 14th consecutive CAA/AAA Four Diamond award.