Caesars Windsor employees uphold more than 20 years of Holiday GivingBook A Room
Windsor, ON – Caesars Windsor employees have established a powerful tradition of giving during the holiday season. Their acts of kindness and volunteerism include giving their time at food banks, raising cash donations and gathering canned goods, collecting gifts for ‘adopted’ families and more.
Kevin Laforet, Caesars Entertainment Regional President and CEO Caesars Windsor said, “Throughout the year, our employees proudly pool their efforts together to volunteer, help raise funds, collect food, toys and clothing for dozens of local charities they feel passionately about. However, during the holiday season, their spirit of generosity is amplified ensuring that those in need can enjoy the holiday season.”
- On Sunday, December 21, Caesars Windsor with the S’Aint’s band, St. Clair College and Blackburn Radio, helped raise $45,000 for the Unemployed Help Centre, The Downtown Mission and Chatham Outreach for Hunger foodbanks during an annual rock n’ roll concert. Funds raised were a combination of successful ticket and CD sales as well as Caesars Windsor’s annual holiday donation. On the same day, employees donned “ugly” Christmas sweaters in place of their uniform for a minimum $5 donation to the S’Aint’s fundraiser.
- Since 1994, employees, their friends and family have been serving a special Salvation Army Christmas dinner to those less fortunate. Held at the St. Clair Centre of the Arts each year, Sue Heath, Convention Services Manager and Larry Larsh, Public Areas Manager round up to 70 volunteers for this event.
- The Hotel Sales team sponsored a family from Maryvale Adolescent and Family Services and fulfilling their wish list. They have also volunteered at the Downtown Mission and at the Salvation Army Holiday Dinner.
- For the Entertainment Department’s annual holiday get-together, they chose to have a friendly competition of “Battle of the Board Games” in lieu of buying gifts for one another. Funds raised were used to purchase tickets for the S’Aint’s concert and were donated to the family they sponsored through the Windsor-Essex Children’s Aid Society (CAS). Any extra funds went towards grocery gift cards for them.Many Caesars Windsor departments also sponsored CAS families, fulfilling wish lists and ensuring ‘Santa’ visited everyone. Through fundraisers and collection, the following departments spread the holiday cheer: Finance, Accounting, Payroll, Hotel Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Security Operations, Count Room team, Entertainment, Legal & Compliance, Mailroom, Hosts, Total Rewards, Stewarding, Executives and Food and Beverage.
- The Housekeeping department collected hats, scarves, mittens and blankets for the Downtown Mission. Carrie Pollard, Guest Room Attendant, came up with the terrific idea of collecting these items in boxes set up in the Housekeeping Offices.
- Beth Smith, Casino Cashier, with the help of the Life Skills and Religion students at Catholic Central High School, helped fill 34 shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child. She is also taking the time to generously help out three families from the community.
- The Slot Department held a food drive of nonperishable food items for the Downtown Mission.
- The Total Rewards department collected nonperishable breakfast food items for the Immaculate Conception grade school’s 'Breakfast Club' program.
- The Hotel Front Office staff sponsored a small family-to-be this year through Hiatus House.
- The Public Areas department’s annual Toy Drive for the Windsor Goodfellows was another huge success thanks to the generosity of their co-workers. This was their 18th year.
- Jason Parker, Restroom Cleaner, helped his niece gather hats, gloves, mittens and scarfs for the homeless. The Public Areas department has chipped in to support him by gathering over 100 items.
- Unifor held a food drive on property throughout the month of November, finishing on December 5 for the Unemployed Help Centre food bank.