Lights off to illuminate support for our local environmentBook A Room
For immediate release: March 17, 2016
Windsor, ON – Caesars Windsor will participate in its 9th annual Earth Hour and kickoff a CodeGreen campaign to support their corporate-wide environmental commitment to reducing the company’s carbon footprint.
On March 19 from 8:30pm-9:30pm Caesars Windsor will be joining businesses and individual homeowners in their efforts to promote energy conservation by turning off all non-essential exterior lighting and marquees. Earth Hour, sponsored by World Wildlife Fund, has grown to involve hundreds of millions of people across 7,000 cities, and 154 countries in a collective statement of concern about climate change.
Earth Hour is only one of the company’s many CodeGreen initiatives. This strategy includes a commitment to environmental practices and stewardship, including waste reduction and energy conservation.
“We encourage both our employees and guests to show their support for Earth Hour and Earth Month by turning off unnecessary lights, supporting locally grown food, and using alternative transportation,” said Kelly Wolfe Gregoire, Vice President, Human Resources and CodeGreen Chair.
Every year, Caesars Windsor and its employees engage in environmental programs and events to celebrate Earth Month as part of their environmental commitment:
- Throughout April, exterior lights will be temporarily turned a shade of green as a reminder all to do their part in reusing, recycling and conserving energy.
- April 4–8: CodeGreen Education Week: Essex Windsor Solid Waste Authority, Essex Regional Conservation Authority and Union Gas will provide an employee information booth providing ‘green’ tips and information on energy cost savings and more.
- April 26–27: Public E-Waste Collection: FREE from 9:00am –6:00pm in the gated parking lot at 250 Windsor Ave., across from The Colosseum, the community is invited to dispose of their old, unused and broken electronics in an effort to divert them from landfills. Recycling Makes Cents will be providing bins where the items will be reused and/or recycled.
- April 13: Little River Clean-up: Every year, employee volunteers put on their hip-waders to clean the waterway and area of litter and debris.
- April 18: Glengarry Clean up: Cleaning up our neighborhood, a team of Caesars Windsor employees will be cleaning up sidewalks and the streets.
- April 24: ERCA Earth Day Tree Planting: Employees will be joining the Conservation Authority once again to plant saplings in the Florence and McHugh area.
- The One Project: On April 21, Caesars Windsor's employees will be working together to create over 500 hygiene kits to be distributed to five local non-profit organizations and charities. The kits are provided by Clean the World, a non-profit organization that collects used soaps from hotels, sanitizes it and makes new soap for those in need. The hotel is also an active participant in the Clean World recycling program.
About Caesars Windsor Caesars Windsor is the largest casino resort in Canada and the first of its kind outside of the U.S. to be branded with this legendary, world-renowned name. Proud recipient of the CAA/AAA Four Diamond hotel award for 15 consecutive years, Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (COE) for five consecutive years, a member of the COE Hall of Fame and is 4-Green Key certified from the world recognized Green Key Eco-Rating program for its outstanding environmental efforts. Winner of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for seven consecutive years for its gourmet steakhouse, Neros. Voted “Best Hotel” for 15 consecutive years by Casino Player Magazine. Since 2011, the Colosseum has been ranked in the Top 25 in Canada for Theatre Venues in Canada by Pollstar®.
Media Contact: Susanne Tomkins, Public & Community Relations Specialist, Caesars Windsor
1.800.991.7777 ext. 22596
Know Your Limit, Play Within It! 1-888-230-3505 Ontario Problem Gambling HelpLine. All ages welcome in our Augustus Tower and convention complex. Must be 19 years of age or older to attend performance or enter the casino and all other outlets. Caesars Windsor reserves the right to cancel or change/alter this performance without prior notice. Those who have been trespassed from Caesars Windsor and/or self-excluded from any OLG or Caesars property are not eligible to participate in a promotion and/or redeem offers. The Caesars brand and related trademarks are owned by Caesars License Company, LLC and its affiliated companies. Used with permission.