The Key to Environmental Sustainability: Caesars Windsor upholds Green Key Eco-RatingBook A Room
For immediate release: August 11, 2017
Windsor, ON – An ongoing commitment to environmental stewardship is an important tenet of Caesars Windsor’s Corporate Social Responsibility activities. This sustainability pledge has guided them in all of their environmental efforts to reduce, reuse and recycle and maintain the globally recognized 4-Green Keys Eco-Rating for 2017 at Caesars Windsor’s award-winning hotel.
The rating program, by Green Key Global, a leading international certification body, means the 758-room hotel has shown “national industry leadership and commitment to protecting the environment through wide-ranging policies and practices. The hotel has mature programs in place that involve management, employees, guests, and the public, and which have shown substantial and measurable results.”
To uphold the 4-key rating, properties must resubmit an extensive Green Keys application every two years.
Examples of Caesars Windsor’s efforts include:
· Through the hotel’s CodeGreen rewards program, guests earn Total Reward credits when they decline housekeeping services during their stay which reduces water and energy required for laundering towels and sheets.
· Engaging employees through opportunities to participate in local community events including annual Essex Region Conservation Authority’s tree planting, the Little River Clean-Up and regular neighbourhood clean-ups.
· Through the Clean the World program Caesars Windsor has recycled and distributed over 47,000 bars of new soap, providing over 4,000 hygiene kits to local non-profit organizations in the last four years. For more information visit cleantheworld.org.
· Caesars Windsor has diverted over 4,000 pounds of household batteries from land fill by encouraging employees and customers to use on-site drop off boxes
· Donated up to 30,000 pounds of furniture, clothing and lighting fixtures to local organizations to be reused
· Reduced waste by 17 tons per month through composting and waste diversion.
Director of Resort Operations, James Hollohazy, said, “Guests can feel good about their destination choice not only because we offer a world-class, Four Diamond experience, but because Caesars Windsor shares their values about creating and supporting an environmentally sustainable community.”
About Green Key Global
Green Key Global is a leading, international, GSTC Recognized, environmental certification body whose suite of industry standard programs and resources has been designed specifically for the lodging and meetings industries. Our affordable programs, including the Green Key Eco-Rating and the Green Key Meetings Programs, help members leverage organizational CSR activities to support their property's sustainable initiatives, improve overall fiscal performance and community relations.
About Caesars Windsor Caesars Windsor is the largest casino resort in Canada and the first of its kind outside of the U.S. to be branded with this legendary, world-renowned name. Proud recipient of the 2017 Forbes Best Employer Award; the CAA/AAA Four Diamond hotel award for 18 consecutive years, Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (COE) for five consecutive years and Hall of Fame member; and is 4-Green Key certified from the world recognized Green Key Eco-Rating program for its outstanding environmental efforts. Winner of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for eight consecutive years for its gourmet steakhouse, Neros. Voted “Best Hotel” for 16 consecutive years by Casino Player Magazine. Since 2011, the Colosseum has been ranked in the Top 25 in Canada for Theatre Venues in Canada by Pollstar®.
MORE PLAY. MORE FUN. MORE CAESARS. WHERE YOUR U.S. DOLLAR IS WORTH MUCH MORE.
Media Contacts: Jhoan Baluyot
Manager of PR and Communications, Caesars Windsor
1.800.991.7777 ext. 22896
PlaySmart 1-888-230-3505 Ontario Problem Gambling HelpLine. All ages welcome in our Augustus Tower and convention complex. Must be 19 years of age or older to attend performance or enter the casino. Caesars Windsor reserves the right to cancel or alter/change a performance without prior notice. Those who have been trespassed from Caesars Windsor and/or self-excluded from any OLG or Caesars property are not eligible to attend Caesars Windsor or related outlets, participate in promotions or redeem offers. The Caesars brand and related trademarks are owned by Caesars License Company, LLC and its affiliated companies. Used with permission.