3 Card Poker Rules for Beginners:
When making your Vegas bucket list, you have to make time for the fantastic shows, plan at least a few meals at the uniquely delectable restaurants, and make sure you save some energy for the word-class nightlife, but you also should make time to learn how to win at 3 card poker.
Hot table game Three Card Poker has gained popularity not only because it’s fun, but because it’s also easy to learn. Three Card Poker is like getting two Las Vegas casino games in one. Not only can you play against the dealer, you can also win based on how good your cards are.
The object of the game is to make the best poker hand possible with only three cards.
How To Play 3 Card Poker
- To start, the player places an ante wager and/or a pair plus wager, betting that they will have a hand of at least a pair or better.
- Three cards are then dealt face down to each player and to the dealer. You are only playing the dealer and not other players at the table.
- The player will then look at his hand and determine to place a play wager (equal to the amount they put as the ante wager) to pit his hand against the dealer’s hand or not. Optimum strategy says the player should “play” all hands greater than Queen, Six and Four and fold all hands worse.
- If a player folds, the hand is over and the dealer will collect the player's ante wager and pair plus wager. If the player places a play wager, the cards will be turned over to determine if the player has a better hand than the dealer.
- If the dealer has a hand of Jack-high or worse, the play wager is returned to the player. If the dealer has a hand of Queen-high or better, both the play wager and the ante are paid out at 1 to 1 if the player has a better hand than the dealer.
- If the dealer’s hand is superior, both the ante and play bets are collected. The pair plus bet is determined completely independent to what the dealer has.
3 Card Poker Payouts:
Pair plus payouts:
Straight Flush 40 to 1
Three of a Kind 30 to 1
Straight 6 to 1
Flush 3 to 1
Pair 1 to 1
Ante bonus payouts:
Straight Flush 5 to 1
Three of a Kind 4 to 1
Straight 1 to 1
The best thing about playing Three Card Poker? The chance to win a $100,000 through the six card bonus paytable, which hits if the dealer’s and player’s cards combine nine through Ace in a royal suit of diamonds.
Now that you've learned how to play 3 card poker and win, try your luck at the tables at any of these Caesars properties: