“Action indeed is the sole medium of expression for ethics.” – Jane Addams
At Caesars Entertainment, our Code of Commitment is our approach to responsible and ethical business which has guided our company (and our employees) for more than a decade. It is a public pledge to our employees, guests and communities that we will honor the trust they have placed in us.
Guided by the Code of Commitment, we promise to always:
- Value the diversity of the communities in which we operate
- Conduct our business honestly and with integrity
- Empower our employees to get involved as community volunteers
- Share our financial success with the community
To fulfill this promise each and every year, we govern business with four supporting pillars, including:
- Employees: A commitment to all our employees to treat them with respect and provide satisfying career opportunities.
- Guests: A commitment to all our guests to promote responsible gaming.
- Communities: A commitment to all our communities to help make them healthy and vibrant places to live and work.
- Environment: A commitment to responsible stewardship of the environment.
Our Code of Commitment is used continuously in internal communications to employees, displayed in all our venues for our guests, and reinforced through events and training throughout the year. It is not a set of actions, but a guiding framework, so we must revisit it often to ensure it continues to be the foundation of our company culture and strategic plans for the future.
The commitment behind each of these pillars is achieved through tangible programs and actions like our employee Wellness Program, responsible gaming education programs, Caesars Foundation giving, and the CodeGreen environmental strategy. These initiatives and others will be highlighted in the CodeGreen Blog throughout the year as we strive to build on the successes of 2013.
We chose to kick-off 2014 by highlighting the Code because we think it’s important to recognize the impetus for CodeGreen and be held accountable to our Commitments by all of our stakeholders, including our employees, guests, and communities. The Code also offers us an opportunity to share our values and engagements that go beyond the definition of a casino and hospitality business. Yes, Caesars Entertainment is a public gaming company with more than 70,000 employees and over 60 properties worldwide. This is what we do. But our Code of Commitment is who we are.