“CodeGreen Day” is a day dedicated to celebrating Caesars Entertainment’s commitment to environmental responsibility and employee-driven sustainability programs. Participating Caesars casino resorts were judged based on its employees, patrons and communities impressive green efforts for a chance to win the “Best CodeGreen Day.”
Harrah’s Phoenix Ak-Chin Casino and Harrah’s Rincon Casino were the winners of this year’s contest. Here are some of their many accomplishments:
Harrah’s Phoenix Ak-Chin Casino
- Partnered with their community to assisted with local cleanups and planted trees in the area.
- Employees held a property-recycling event where they distributed wildflower seeds packaged in recycled bottle caps.
- Unveiled the new CodeGreen-branded vegetable planters (including tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant and herbs).
Harrah’s Rincon Casino (San Diego)
- Employees and guests collected 2,611 pounds of materials that would have otherwise gone into landfills.
- Teamed up with the Employee Wellness Committee to host a “Walk for a Healthy Earth” mini-marathon around the employee walking path, highlighting on-site garden produce.
- Volunteered in the annual “Creek to Bay Beach Cleanup” in partnership with National Kids to Parks Day, staged at both Buccaneer Beach in Oceanside and Lake Hodges in Escondido, California. The clean up efforts resulted in 346 pounds of trash and 20 pounds of recyclables.
Both properties were rewarded with additional financial support to further their commitment to sustainability and to promote future CodeGreen events within their communities.