As the temperature continues to rise during these summer months, there are several ways to combat the heat and conserve energy. Employees at Caesars Entertainment have changed their day-to-day lifestyles simply by taking sustainable measures by utilizing its trademark CodeGreen At-Home program. Caesars’ At-Home program encourages employees to make environmentally friendly changes within their homes and in return, rewards them for their sustainable efforts.
Here are a few examples of how they are making an impact:
Energy efficient windows
- Jim Bradley (Harrah’s Laughlin) Jim installed a total of 14 windows were with tint and screens. By making these changes, Jim will save up to 32 percent annually on energy.
- Taylor Russo (Harrah’s Reno) Taylor hung awnings the entire length of his backyard and patio. The shade cools off the house in the summer months, effectively reducing the use of air conditioning, resulting in energy savings. This project was completed in two days and cost approximately $250.
- Patrick McFarlane (Harrah’s Joliet) Patrick replaced ten windows in his home with new Emission Energy Efficient windows. The projected heating and cooling savings of the new windows is 20 percent ($360/year), based on his average monthly heating and cooling costs.
- Mary Potter (Harrah’s New Orleans) After having her house inspected for energy efficiency, Mary made many changes resulting in savings of more than a 30 percent reduction in projected energy costs (approximately 1,200 kWh annually). Renovations included:
- Replaced her entire heating and air conditioning system with higher, more efficient units.
- Installed weather stripping to her outer doorway.
- Exchanged the thermostat with a digital programmable regulator.
- Added insulation to the attic and to the water heater.
Thanks to the changes she has qualified for a full federal tax credit and was approved for the state of Louisiana’s Home Energy Rebate Option Program.