At check-in they told me that I was in a smoking room on the 1st floor. We don’t smoke and DID NOT want a smoking room. The gal at the front desk was as nice as she could have been considering the situation and the fact that the hotel was sold out forthe Poison show. She said I will ask my boss and see what I can do. (I thought that I was at a car lot for a second after that one) She came back and said that the boss said it was okay to get us a “non smoking” double bed room on the second floor. As soon as we walked in the door the wave of stench hit us. It may have been a non smoking room, but the the hotel ventilation system does a fantastic job of pulling all of the smoke from the first floor into the rooms on the second floor and it only got worse as the night wore on. Furthermore, the construction at the entrance is a pain and the rooms are musty and the decor is dated. I sure hope that they make updating the rooms and ventilation system their priority. For past shows at the Cove that we have attended, we have stayed at the HGI connected to the Horseshoe and have used the shuttle. This time we decided to “splurge” and spend $300 to stay on site. HUGE mistake. Save your lungs, and $150, and stay elsewhere!