Millionaire Maker Slot Tournament Rules
CAESARS ENTERTAINMENT "Millionaire Maker" Slot Tournament Finale
Harrah’s New Orleans
Tournament: November 10 – 13, 2014
Tournament period begins on November 10, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. and ends on November 13, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. All times referred to throughout these Rules are Central Standard Time. As used herein “Casino” means Jazz Casino Company, LLC d/b/a Harrah's New Orleans Casino and all of its affiliated and subsidiary companies. All references to the “Millionaire Maker Slot Tournament Finale” shall be referred to as “Tournament” throughout these rules.
- No purchase necessary to participate.
- Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to participate and Participants must provide proof of age acceptable to Casino.
- All Participants must have a Total Rewards® Card; Total Rewards Cards are free and are available at the Total Rewards Center.
- This Tournament is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, including gaming, and all aspects of the Tournament are subject to the approval of appropriate regulatory authorities.
- All entries are subject to review and verification.
- Odds of winning dependent upon the number of Participants. Casino may limit the number of Participants in the Tournament.
- Participants must show their Total Rewards Card and valid picture identification (driver’s license, state identification card, or military identification card) in order to collect any prizes. If a Participant is not a U.S. citizen, a current passport or alien registration card is required.
- Participants agree to allow Casino the unconditional use of their name and likeness for promotions/advertising and announcements without compensation, consideration, notice, review, or consent, where permitted.
- Winners are responsible for any and all taxes, licenses, registrations and other fees.
- Tournament times are approximate. Casino reserves the right to change Tournament times due to unforeseen or extenuating circumstances.
- All decisions regarding the interpretation of rules, eligibility, etc. for this Tournament lie solely with Casino whose decisions are final, subject to all applicable laws and regulations including but not limited to gaming regulations.
- Casino reserves the right to modify or cancel this Tournament at any time, for any reason, subject to any applicable regulatory approval, provided that such modification shall not, as of the date of such modification, materially alter or change any Participant’s prize already awarded. Notice of any such modification is sufficient if posted at the Total Rewards Center.
- Casino may disqualify any Participant for any prize based upon fraud, dishonesty, violation of promotional rules.
- Casino is not liable for injuries or losses arising or resulting from participation in the Tournament and is not liable for any acts or omissions by employees, whether negligent or willful, in the conduct of the Tournament and is not liable in the event of any equipment or software malfunction.
- Casino is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, or illegible entries nor for electronic transmission errors or delays resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, hardware, software, or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Casino, users, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Tournament or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may limit, restrict, or prevent a Participant’s ability to participate in the Tournament.
- If for any reason the Tournament is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes within or beyond the control of Casino which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Tournament, Casino reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Tournament.
- Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any program or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Tournament may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Casino reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law.
- Prizes and entries are non-transferable.
- Entries will be retained as may be required by applicable regulation.
- Must be present to win.
- Employees of Casino and its subsidiaries, affiliates or parent companies and immediate family members of employees who are: (i) director level or above; and /or, (ii) involved in coordinating or executing promotions or tournaments and the employees of the advertising agency affiliated with this Promotion are not eligible to participate in this Promotion. Immediate family members are defined as spouse, child or anyone sharing the same residence as the applicable employee.
- Individuals who are excluded from casino facilities, including through a government program, at Casino’s discretion, or by their own request, are not eligible.
- By participating in this Tournament, Participants agree to comply with all rules contained herein.
- A copy of these rules and any changes will be available at the Total Rewards Center throughout the duration of this Tournament.
- Participants will be invited to participate in the Tournament based upon having a final rank of 1st through 200th place, inclusive of ties, in the National Slot League® or by winning an Automatic Qualifier position at the various affiliates of Casino, including, but not limited to: Harrah’s, Caesars, Harveys, Horseshoe, Rio, Showboat, Roadhouse, Grand, Flamingo, The Quad, Bally’s, and Paris. Casino reserves the right to distribute additional entry invitations via other promotional means.
- Invitation includes one (1) entry into the Tournament. One person per entry. No teams, substitutes or assisted play.
- Participants may participate in more than one Automatic Qualifying event at more than one affiliated property, but may only be awarded one (1) entry into the Tournament based on the first Automatic Qualifying event in which the player was awarded the invitation.
- If an invited winning Participant from an Automatic Qualifying event cannot play in the Tournament for any reason, that Participant will forfeit their entry and the player with the next highest score at the affiliated property’s Automatic Qualifying event where the forfeiting player qualified will be invited to participate if practical, and if time permits, at the sole discretion of Casino.
- If a Participant receives an entry into the Tournament via an Automatic Qualifying event at an affiliated property, they may not be awarded an entry into the Tournament via the National Slot League.
- If an invited winning Participant from the National Slot League cannot play in the Tournament for any reason, that Participant will forfeit their entry and the position in the Tournament will not be awarded to another non-winning Participant of the National Slot League.
- Tournament Registration will take place at the Harrah’s New Orleans Theatre, located at Harrah’s New Orleans on Monday, November 10, 2014, from 5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. Late registration will take place at Winners Cove at Harrah’s New Orleans on Tuesday, November 11, 2014, from 9:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m.
- The Tournament shall consist of three (3) Rounds. Each Round shall last three (3) minutes in duration.
- Playing times will be assigned at Registration on a first-come, first-served basis by a random computer generated program.
- There will be approximately five hundred (500) playing positions in the Tournament. Casino reserves the right to add or remove playing positions in the Tournament.
- Participants will be randomly assigned (through a secure means determined by Casino) one (1) slot machine per round, numbered one (1) through nineteen (19). Machine twenty (20) will be used as a spare machine at Casino discretion.
- Casino reserves the right to change any of the foregoing numbers and playing times up to the start time of the Tournament.
- Each Participant must register for the Tournament at one (1) of the Registration locations and times indicated above.
- No walk-up Participants or Participants who have failed to timely register will be allowed to enter the Tournament.
- Each Participant must certify eligibility when registering for the Tournament. Each must complete a certification of eligibility and provide Tournament Officials with any additional information needed for Tournament records. This information may include the Participant’s address, telephone number, social security number, and valid form of identification. Failure to provide this information will disqualify the Participant from the Tournament.
- At the discretion of Management, registration may begin early in order to ensure a timely processing of all Participants. Registration period will not end until the times outlined above unless all positions have been filled.
- Participants must present their Total Rewards Card and valid ID at time of Registration.
- Hand-out copies of the Tournament Rules will be available at the Registration Desk in the Harrah’s New Orleans Theatre and at Winners Cove.
- Tournament play will take place in a designated area in Winners Cove at the Casino (the “Tournament Zone”).
- The Tournament Zone will contain the only slot machines eligible for play.
- Tournament will be played on machines K1101 – K1110 and K1701 – K1710 located at Winners Cove.
- Surveillance coverage of the Tournament Zone shall include unobstructed views of all Tournament slot machines and Participants during Tournament play.
- The Tournament will consist of three (3) rounds.
- Round One (1) will take place on Tuesday, November 11, 2014 beginning at 10:00 a.m.
- Round Two (2) will take place on Tuesday, November 11, 2014 beginning at 3:00 p.m.
- Round Three (3) will take place on Wednesday, November 12, 2014 beginning at 10:00 a.m.
- Each Round consists of approximately twenty-seven (27) playing sessions, which are three (3) minutes in duration each. Total number of sessions is dependent upon the total number of participants in the Tournament. The Casino shall have the right to add or delete sessions as needed.
- Immediately prior to each session, Scorekeepers will verify that all machine credits are reset to zero and that the machines are set for Tournament play.
- Tournament participants should be present in the Tournament Zone five (5) minutes before their assigned playing time in order to participate.
- If situations arise in which a Participant is unable to play in his/her assigned session or is not present at the Tournament Zone at the start of their assigned playing time, the Participant may request the Tournament Captain to assign him/her to a different session. Such requests must be made prior to the beginning of the assigned session and shall be entirely at the Tournament Captain’s discretion. Seating is limited and assignment to other sessions may not be possible.
- Participants will enter the Tournament area and position themselves in front of their assigned machines. Scorekeepers will verify that Participants are at their assigned machines.
- All Participants will start the session at the same time. The “automated emcee,” located on the slot tournament machines, of the Tournament will be the official timekeeper and will signal the beginning and end of each session.
- No coins are used for Tournament play; points will be generated instead of cash winnings. A meter on the slot machine will show points accumulated during each session.
- The session will end when the time limit on the machine has expired.
- Each Participant’s score will be recorded automatically by the tournaments program manager.. The Participant and Scorekeeper will each sign the scorecard, thereby making the score official.
- The Tournament Official will then reset all machines.
- A Scorekeeper will enter each Participant’s score in the Tournament Scorecard (scorecard summarizing the scores of all Participants) at the end of the session. A second Tournament Official will proof the first Scorekeeper’s entries to ensure accuracy.
- Tournament participants must play in all three (3) rounds to qualify for prizes.
- Scores will be determined by combining participants’ Round One (1), Round Two (2), and Round Three (3) scores. The combined scores will then be ranked to determine each participant’s place in the Tournament.
- Tournament Participants are instructed to continue play in a session even if they suspect machine malfunction. If a Participant suspects machine malfunction, he/she is to contact a Scorekeeper or Tournament Official and tell him/her of his/her concerns immediately. The Scorekeeper will then notify the Tournament Captain. The Tournament Captain will notify Slot Performance personnel only if the Tournament Captain suspects that there is a machine tilt or if a reel comes off of the machine. If the Tournament Captain determines that either of the foregoing incidents has occurred, then the Tournament Captain shall contact Slot Performance personnel and request an evaluation of the machine after the session ends. Evaluation of all other claims of malfunction shall be made by the Tournament Captain.
- If the machine is determined to have malfunctioned, the Participant’s score for that round will be disregarded, and he/she will be assigned another session and/or machine to make up his/her score.
- If it is determined the machine did not malfunction, the Participant’s score will stand. It is important that Participants continue to play even if they suspect machine malfunction.
- In cases where machine malfunction is unquestionable, as witnessed by at least a Scorekeeper and the Tournament Captain, the Tournament Captain may call a fault and allow the Participant to stop playing.
- A limited number of stand-by machines may exist for the Tournament, but Casino shall not be obligated to maintain or make such "stand-by" machines available for Tournament play. If a machine becomes inoperable during the Tournament, session assignment changes will be made to accommodate the play of all Participants. This may require the addition of one or more sessions to each Round.
Other Rules and Regulations:
- Use of harsh or profane language to the Casino staff and/or Tournament Participants will not be tolerated and shall be grounds for DISQUALIFICATION.
- A Participant will be eliminated from play if he/she is in violation of any of the Tournament rules or he/she voluntarily withdraws.
- The Casino house rules will prevail over any situation not covered in these Tournament rules. The Casino reserves the right to qualify or disqualify any person before, during or after the round(s).
- In consideration of participation in the promotion or receipt of a prize, Participant and prize winner agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Casino, its partners, agents, servants, employees, officers, affiliates, directors, subsidiary companies, successors and assigns of the Casino (Indemnified Parties) to the fullest extent permitted by law, from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, fines, suits, actions, proceedings, orders, decrees, judgments, damages, costs, charges and expenses of any kind or nature including reasonable attorney fees, in defending any of the above, arising from, resulting from, in connection with, or on account of the performance or non-performance of the promotion and the receipt, condition or quality of the prize or on account of any related action.
- Each Participant and prize winner for him/herself, his/her heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, hereby releases and forever discharges the Casino from any and all manner of actions, causes of action, suits, debts, judgments, executions, claims and demands whatsoever now known, or unknown, in law and equity, that he/she ever had, now have, may have, or claim to have against any and all of the Indemnified Parties arising out of, or by reason of, the promotion and the receipt, condition, or quality of the prize or any other matter relating thereto.
- The Casino may change any rules as necessary to address questions and issues as they arise.
- Notice of changes to the Tournament rules are considered sufficient if posted at Tournament Area.
- Copies of these Tournament rules are available at the Tournament Area and the Total Rewards Center.
- In the event of a tie for any monetary prize position, except for 1st Place through 5th Place, the tied Participants will split the total combined prize amount for each placing position. By way of example, if there is a tie between the two (2) Participants in 20th Place and 21st Place (20th Place = $1,000 and 21st Place = $500), then the tied Participants will split the combined prize amounts, so each Participant would receive $750 in Cash. By way of example, if there is a tie between two (2) Participants in 30th Place and 31st Place, then the tied Participants will split the prize amount for 30th Place only (as there is no prize for 31st Place) and each Participant would receive $250 in cash.
- In the event of a tie for any prize position where the prize is something which cannot be split, there will be a playoff between the tied Participants. The playoff round will follow the same format as the other Tournament rounds previously played. The winner of the playoff will receive the prize that cannot be split. Participants will play the playoff round at time of the official winners’ announcement. If the tied Participants are not present they will be contacted by the Tournament Captain and advised to return to the property to play their playoff round, which may or may not be at the same time of the other tied Participants.
- Tied Participants will be notified of the playing time of the playoff round at the Tournament Awards Reception (see Rule #3, Prizes below). Should a tied Participant not show up at the specified playing time of their playoff round, that participant will forfeit their placing position and the prize will go to the remaining Participant.
- The Tournament Captain shall have discretion in making prize adjustments. Tournament Captain may round prize amounts to the nearest $5.00 to help facilitate pay out. Tournament Captain may waive the adjustment if Participant drop-off is minimal.
- Prize Package is valued at one million, sixty-two thousand, five hundred dollars ($1,062,500) paid in Cash.
- The Casino reserves the right to substitute prizes that have or have not been awarded as long as the value is substantially the same as the original prize offered in the event that the original prize becomes unavailable.
- 1st Place Prize: $1,000,000* Cash Annuity ($50,000 a year for 20 years), or lump sum option.
- 2nd Place Prize: $25,000 Cash
- 3rd Place Prize: $10,000 Cash
- 4th Place Prize: $5,000 Cash
- 5th Place Prize: $2,500 Cash
- 6th – 20th Place Prize: $1,000 Cash (Each)
- 21st – 30th Place Prize: $500 Cash (Each)
- A single premium immediate annuity paid in the amount of fifty thousand dollars ($50,000) per year for the duration of twenty (20) years with no fees or interest.
- A discounted lump sum. The lump sum option amount will be discounted to the value necessary to equate the value of the annuity chosen on the date of election. The annuity will be arranged by Caesars and paid by Caesars and/or its designee.
Know When To Stop Before You Start®. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-522-4700.
© 2014, Caesars License Company, LLC.