THE CAESARS REWARDS® MILLIONAIRE MAKER MOBILE APP SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The “Caesars Rewards Millionaire Maker mobile app Sweepstakes” (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by Caesars Enterprise Services, LLC (“CES”), located at One Caesars Palace Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89109. The promotion period (“Promotion Period”) begins on Wednesday, January 1, 2020 at 12:00:01 a.m. PT and ends on Monday, November 30, 2020 at 11:59:59 p.m. PT. All times referred to throughout these Official Rules are Pacific Time (“PT”). “Promotion Entities” means Sponsor, Sponsor’s parent and each of Sponsor’s affiliated and subsidiary companies, along with each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, and agents.
BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE PROMOTION: The Promotion consists of eleven (11) separate periodic sweepstakes (each a “Periodic Sweepstakes”). The important dates for each Periodic Sweepstakes are listed in Rule 21 below. Non-winning entries from one (1) Periodic Sweepstakes will not carry forward into subsequent Periodic Sweepstakes. Entrants can earn an entry into a Periodic Sweepstakes by following the directions in Rule 15 or submitting a mail–in entry. NOTE: All entries are digital. All capitalized terms in this paragraph are defined below in the detailed description of the various parts of the Promotion.
Notice Regarding Dispute Resolution: These Official Rules contain provisions that govern how claims you and we may have against each other are resolved (see Rule 43 below), including an agreement and obligation to arbitrate disputes, which will, subject to limited exceptions, require you to submit claims you have against us to binding arbitration, unless you opt-out in accordance with Rule 43(e).
1. To be eligible to enter this Promotion, each participant (“Participant”) must be:
a. A verified Caesars Rewards® member (membership is free, and Participants can join at any Caesars Rewards Center, online at https://www.caesars.com/program/, or via the Caesars Rewards mobile app) with an online Caesars Rewards account;
b. A resident of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia or Canada (excluding Quebec);
c. At least 21 years of age in the U.S. and Canada, with proof of age acceptable to Sponsor;
d. In possession of access to a mobile device with internet access as of Wednesday, January 1, 2020.
2. Void in the Province of Quebec and where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. The following individuals are not eligible to enter the Promotion:
a. Officers, directors and employees of Sponsor (as defined below) and officers, directors or employees of Sponsor or any of its subsidiaries, affiliates or parent companies who are (i) director level or above or (ii) involved in coordinating or executing promotions on behalf of Sponsor;
b. Employees or contractors of any advertising agency or marketing services firm that is providing any services to Sponsor in connection with the Promotion;
c. The spouse or child of an employee described in (a) or (b) above;
d. Anyone sharing the same primary residence as an employee described in (a) or (b) above; or
e. Individuals who are excluded from Sponsor facilities, including through a government program, at Sponsor’s discretion, or by their own request.
4. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, including gaming regulations, and all aspects of the Promotion are subject to the approval of the appropriate regulatory authorities if required.
5. Participants may be required to present their Caesars Rewards card and valid picture identification (driver’s license, state identification card, or military identification card) to collect prize.
6. Except where prohibited by law, Participants agree to allow Sponsor the unconditional use of their name and likeness for promotions/advertising and announcements without compensation, consideration, notice, review, or consent.
7. Promotion times are approximate. Sponsor may change Promotion times due to unforeseen or exigent circumstances.
8. Except as prohibited by law, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, reschedule or suspend the Promotion at any time, subject to any required regulatory approval, if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including, without limitation, as a result of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes within or beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion. In such circumstances the Sponsor will endeavor, to the extent practical, and in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its discretion, to award prizes among eligible Participants whose participation was not affected by the problem.
9. Sponsor may disqualify any Participant for fraud, dishonesty, violation of these Official Rules or other misconduct whether or not related to this Promotion. Sponsor retains the right to disqualify any entry that does not comply with the Official Rules or any Participant who engages in any conduct deemed inappropriate, disruptive, or unsportsmanlike as determined at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, including, without limitation, any entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means or by any means that subverts the entry process.
10. Sponsor is not responsible for late, stolen, lost, postage due, or misdirected mail, or incomplete, mutilated or illegible entries; electronic transmission errors or delays resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; technical, hardware, software, or telephone failures or malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable connections; fraud; incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Sponsor, users, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may limit, restrict, or prevent a person’s ability to participate in the Promotion.
11. Any individual who is found to be deliberately tampering with the Promotion entry process or the operation of the Promotion, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, may be disqualified, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
12. A copy of these Official Rules and any updates made thereto will be available at https://www.caesars.com/millionaire-maker.
13. These Official Rules and any disputes relating hereto are governed by the internal laws of the State of Nevada without regard to principles of conflicts of laws, and by entering, each Participant consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in Nevada for resolution of any disputes relating to the Promotion and waive any objection thereto.
HOW TO ENTER:
15. There are two (2) ways to enter:
a. By Accepting an Offer via Caesars Rewards Mobile App. To enter each Periodic Sweepstakes, eligible Participants will need to (a) have downloaded the Caesars Rewards mobile app (“App”) and (b) be logged in to the App with their Caesars Rewards account. The App is available for download on smart phones and mobile devices on Google Play and iTunes App Store. The App is free but subject to the listed terms and conditions describes within the App. Use of the App requires a web-enabled device and therefore data rates may apply. Once logged in to the App, eligible Participants will be sent an offer at the beginning of each Periodic Sweepstakes. Participants must click the “Accept Offer” link in the offer each Periodic Sweepstakes, from the App, to receive one (1) drawing entry into that Periodic Sweepstakes.
i. Offers will be sent on or about the following dates:
Offer Send Date
b. Free Method of Entry for Drawing. Eligible Participants may enter without downloading the App by sending a postcard with Participant’s name, email address, mailing address, Caesars Rewards account number, date of birth and daytime phone number (“Mail-In Entry”) to Caesars Entertainment, One Harrah’s Court, Las Vegas, NV 89119, Attn: Caesars Rewards (Millionaire Maker mobile app Sweepstakes). Mail-In Entries must be postmarked no later than each Periodic Sweepstakes end date as identified in rule #21. A Mail–In Entry must be received by the date indicated in the table in Rule #21 below in order to be eligible for the respective Periodic Sweepstakes. Lost, misdirected, mutilated, unintelligible or mechanically reproduced entries will be disqualified.
16. In order for you to receive an entry into the Promotion, both you and your entry must be in compliance with these Official Rules.
17. Maximum of one (1) entry per Participant each Periodic Sweepstakes, regardless of entry method. NOTE: Limit: Only one (1) Prize per person throughout the Promotion Period regardless of email address used.
18. No late entries will be accepted.
19. Drawing entries will not be viewable within Participates App offers or online.
20. Participants are prohibited from using multiple names, Caesars Rewards accounts, email addresses, or any other means to seek to obtain more than the allowed number of entries hereunder or to seek to participate under more than one identity. Any attempt to do so is grounds for disqualification. Use of any macro, bot, script or other automated means to submit entries is prohibited. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt. No responsibility is assumed for illegible, lost, late, damaged, incomplete, misdirected, or stolen entries. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, Sponsor reserves the right to determine the authorized account holder in its sole discretion.
RANDOM DRAWING/ODDS OF WINNING/WINNER SELECTION:
21. As stated above, the Promotion consists of twelve (12) separate Periodic Sweepstakes, each starting and ending on the dates and times described in the table herein below. Other important dates are also listed. Non–winning entries from one Periodic Sweepstakes will neither be carried forward nor be included in subsequent Periodic Sweepstakes. On or about the dates listed below, Sponsor, will conduct a random drawing (through any reasonably secure means to be determined by Sponsor) to randomly select the one (1) potential Periodic Sweepstakes winner (“Periodic Winner”) of the then current Periodic Sweepstakes from among all of the eligible entries received during that respective Periodic Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning a prize, from the Drawing, is dependent upon number of entries received.
START DATE(AS OF 12:01:01 A.M. P.T. THAT DAY)
END DATE(AS OF 11:59:59 P.M. P.T. THAT DAY)
MAIL–IN RECEIPT DEADLINE DATE
APPROX. RANDOM DRAWING DATE
22. Each Periodic Winner will receive one (1) Millionaire Maker Finale Spot into the Millionaire Maker Slot Tournament Finale (“Finale Spot”), taking place at Harrah’s Resort in Atlantic City, New Jersey Thursday, May 13 – Saturday, May 15, 2021.
23. Each Finale Spot prize has an estimated retail value of Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000.00), and includes:
a. One (1) Entry into the Millionaire Maker Finale Slot Tournament;
b. Three (3) nights hotel accommodations at Harrah’s Resort in Atlantic City, New Jersey on Thursday, May 13 – Saturday, May 15, 2021; and
c. Round trip airfare credit for two (2) travelers from airport closest to winner’s home address, valued at One Thousand One Hundred Dollar ($1,100.00).
24. Estimated total retail value of all prizes is Twenty-Two Thousand Dollars ($22,000.00).
25. Participants may not win more than one (1) Finale Spot.
26. Potential Periodic Winners will be contacted using the contact information in each potential Periodic Winner’s Caesars Rewards account. No liability is assumed for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. Invalid or incorrect contact information (telephone number, email address or mailing address) may result in prize forfeiture.
27. Potential winners will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, release of liability, tax paperwork (if required), and, except where prohibited, publicity release (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”).
28. Potential Periodic Winner must return Prize Claim Documents within 48 hours of being contacted to claim their prize. Failure to provide Prize Claim Documents within 48 hours may result in prize forfeiture.
29. Periodic Winner is solely responsible for all taxes, expenses, costs or fees associated with acceptance and/or use of the prize that are not specifically stated herein as being awarded. For any prize with an approximate retail value of six hundred dollars ($600.00) or greater, Sponsor will, when required by law, furnish an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 to Periodic Winner for such value. Sponsor shall have the right, but not the obligation, to make any deductions and withholdings that Sponsor deems necessary or desirable under applicable federal, state, local or other tax laws, rules, regulations, codes or ordinances.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
30. If a potential Periodic Winner does not claim his or her prize within the allotted time, Sponsor will, with time permitting, select up to one (1) new potential Periodic Winner, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
31. Any unawarded or unclaimed prizes will be forfeited.
32. All prizes are subject to validation. You are not a Periodic Winner until you receive official notification from the Sponsor and/or the promotional agency administering the Sweepstakes for the Sponsor.
33. Hotel prize is subject to availability. The hotel reservation will be booked for a Standard Room, based on availability. Certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. All other charges and fees incurred shall be the sole responsibility of Periodic Winner. Periodic Winner must provide valid credit card for hotel incidentals. Sponsor is not responsible if the Finale is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason and winner will not be reimbursed for the prize package.
34. All expenses and travel costs not expressly stated in the prize package description above, including but not limited to, transportation, incidentals, personal charges at lodging, and resort fees, are the sole responsibility of Periodic Winner. Periodic Winner must travel on the dates specified by Sponsor in its sole discretion or forfeit the prize package.
35. The One Thousand One Hundred Dollar ($1,100.00) airfare credit is valid for Millionaire Maker Finale dates only. Must be used for airport closest to Periodic Winner’s home to Las Vegas International Airport. Anything over credit amount will be Periodic Winner’s responsibility. Periodic Winner may choose to drive to the Millionaire Maker Finale event for a Fifty-Five Cent ($.55) reimbursement for each mile, round trip, payable at event registration.
36. Periodic Winner’s guest(s) must be at least 21 years of age.
37. Potential Periodic Winners who are residents of Canada will be required to correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited (90 seconds), mathematical, skill-testing question. All answers to skill-testing questions are final. Should a potential Canadian Periodic Winner incorrectly answer the skill-testing question, the potential Periodic Winner will be disqualified.
38. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a Participant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Caesars Rewards account (if applicable) or provided with the winning entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address.
39. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. If by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed in any category than the number set forth in these Official Rules, all prizes remaining in that category at the time the excess claims are made will be awarded in a random drawing from among all Participants submitting valid claims for such prizes. Inclusion in such drawing is the sole remedy for any affected Participant(s).
40. By entering the Promotion, each Participant agrees on behalf of Participant and his or her heirs, executors, and administrators (a) to release and hold harmless the Promotion Entities (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from Participant’s participation in the Promotion and/or Participant’s acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of a prize or any portion thereof (including any travel related thereto); (b) to indemnify Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from Participant’s failure to comply with these Official Rules or a breach of any of Participant’s representations and warranties; (c) to hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, condition, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with such prize; (d) if selected as a Periodic Winner, to the posting of Participant’s name on Sponsor’s websites and the use by the Promotion Entities of Participant’s name, voice, image, and/or likeness for publicity, promotional, and advertising purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval, and, upon request, to the giving of consent, in writing, to such use; and (e) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Promotion itself, and to be bound by all decisions of Sponsor, which are binding and final.
41. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein or at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a prize becomes unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. In no event will Sponsor be obligated to award more prizes than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules.
42. For a copy of these Official Rules or the name(s) of the winner(s) (available after Monday, December 14, 2020), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received no later than Monday, February 8, 2021 to Caesars Entertainment, One Harrah’s Court, Las Vegas, NV 89119, Attn: Caesars Rewards (Millionaire Maker mobile app Sweepstakes).
43. ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES:
a. Scope of Disputes & Remedies. As a condition of entering this Promotion, each Participant agrees that: (1) Participant waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses incurred in entering the Promotion, and waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; (2) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually by arbitration per Rule 43.b. below unless expressly excluded, without resort to any form of class action; and (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees. For New Jersey residents, nothing herein bars recovery of attorneys’ fees, court costs, or other damages if mandated by statute.
b. Agreement to Arbitrate. Participants and Sponsor agree that all claims arising out of or relating to the Promotion (including the formation, performance and breach of the terms under these Official Rules), shall be finally settled by binding arbitration administered by JAMS, in accordance with the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures, excluding any rules or procedures governing or permitting class actions. The arbitrator, and not any federal, state or local court or agency, shall have exclusive authority to resolve all disputes arising out of or relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of these Official Rules, including, but not limited to, any claim that all or any part of these Official Rules is void or voidable. The arbitrator shall be empowered to grant whatever relief would be available in a court under law or in equity. The arbitrator’s award shall be in writing and provide a statement of the essential findings and conclusions, shall be binding on the parties and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. The interpretation and enforcement of these Official Rules shall be subject to the Federal Arbitration Act.
c. Arbitration Procedure. The JAMS rules governing the arbitration may be accessed at https://www.jamsadr.com/adr-rules-procedures. If you initiate arbitration, to the extent the filing fee for the arbitration exceeds Two Hundred and Fifty U.S. Dollars ($250.00), Sponsor will pay the additional cost. If Sponsor is required to pay the additional cost of the filing fees, you should submit a request for payment of fees to JAMS along with your form for initiating the arbitration, and Sponsor will make arrangements to pay all necessary additional fees directly to JAMS. Sponsor will also be responsible for paying all other arbitration costs arising in connection with the arbitration, other than costs incurred by you for legal counsel, travel and other out-of-pocket costs and expenses not constituting fees or amounts payable to JAMS. You will not be required to pay fees and costs incurred by Sponsor if you do not prevail in arbitration. The parties understand that, absent this mandatory provision, they would have the right to sue in court and have a jury trial. They further understand that, in some instances, the costs of arbitration could exceed the costs of litigation and the right to discovery may be more limited in arbitration than in court.
d. Class Action Waiver. You and Sponsor each further agree that any arbitration shall be conducted in your respective individual capacities only and not as a class action or other representative action, and you and Sponsor each expressly waive your respective right to file a class action or seek relief on a class basis. If any court or arbitrator determines that the class action waiver set forth in this paragraph is void or unenforceable for any reason or that an arbitration can proceed on a class basis, then the arbitration provision set forth above shall be deemed null and void in its entirety and the parties shall be deemed to have not agreed to arbitrate disputes.
e. Exceptions to Arbitration. Notwithstanding the parties’ agreement to resolve all disputes through arbitration, either party may seek relief in a small claims court for disputes or claims within the scope of that court’s jurisdiction; also, you have the right to opt-out and not be bound by the arbitration and class action waiver provisions set forth above by sending written notice of your decision to opt-out to https://totalrewards.custhelp.com/app/ask_first. The notice must be sent within thirty (30) days of your enrollment in the Promotion, otherwise you shall be bound to arbitrate disputes in accordance with the terms of this Rule. If you opt-out of these arbitration provisions, Sponsor also will not be bound by them.